D. Andrew Torbiak
P: (204) 926-4182 F: (204) 956-0625
Andrew Torbiak is an associate with Myers LLP practising mainly in the areas of Wills and Estates, Real Estate, and Corporate and Commercial Law.
Andrew joined Myers LLP as an articling student in 2015, and was called to the Bar in June of 2016.
Prior to his graduation from Robson Hall Faculty of Law at the University of Manitoba in 2015, Andrew received a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) Degree from the Asper School of Business at the University of Manitoba in 2012.
As a citizen of Robson Hall, Andrew was a keen participant in several student-run initiatives and was honoured to be awarded the Class of 1980 Prize for outstanding involvement in the extra-curricular activities of the Faculty of Law. Andrew also had the privilege of representing Robson Hall, Manitoba, and Canada at the 2015 International Negotiation Competition held in Dublin, Ireland, finishing in the top 5 teams of the competition.
If he is not at the office Andrew is most likely to be found enjoying live music, playing volleyball or out for a run.
- Call to the Bar (Manitoba) – 2016
- Juris Doctorate in Law, University of Manitoba – 2015
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours with Distinction) – Supply Chain and Logistics,
University of Manitoba – 2012
- Wills and Estates
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate Law
- Corporate and Commercial
- Valedictorian and Class of 1980 Prize for graduating class of 2015
- International Negotiation Competition, 5th Place – Dublin, Ireland 2015
- ABA National Negotiation Competition – Houston, Texas 2015
- ABA Regional Negotiation Competition, 2nd Place – Saskatoon, Saskatchewan 2014
- Robson Hall Negotiation Competition 2014, 1st Place
- Davies, Ward, Phillips & Vineberg Corporate Securities Advocacy Competition, 2014
Professional and Volunteer Activities
- Board Development Committee Member, Manitoba SwimAbility
- President of Robson Hall Debate Society, 2013-14 and 2014-15
- President of the Business Law Group, 2014-15
- Third Year Class Representative, Manitoba Law Students Association 2014-15
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association