Garth Smorang K.C.
Services provided by Garth Smorang Law Corporation
P: (204) 926-1518 F: (204) 956-0625
Garth Smorang practiced labour law and employment law, exclusively on behalf of unions and employees from 1983 until retiring from active practice in 2023. He was a partner in the firm before taking on the role as Counsel.
In his role as Counsel, Garth provides ongoing consultation and assistance to members of the Myers LLP Labour and Employment law departments regarding the provision of legal services to firm clients.
Garth is involved in our community. He is a past Chair of the Board of the Winnipeg Airports Authority, and of the Manitoba Law Foundation.
Garth is a Past President of the Law Society of Manitoba and the Manitoba Bar Association.
Garth was appointed King’s Counsel in 1995.
- Call to the Bar of Manitoba – 1983
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Manitoba – 1982
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Chair – Board of Directors – Manitoba Law Foundation – 2011-2021
- Past Chair – Board of Directors – Winnipeg Airports Authority 2006-2014
- President – Law Society of Manitoba – 2005 – 2006
- President – Manitoba Bar Association – 1996 – 1997
- Life Bencher – Law Society of Manitoba
- Member and Life Council Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Board of Directors of the Canadian Bar Association Law for the Future Fund – 1998 – 2007
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Frequent Presenter/Lecturer
Volunteer and Community Activities
- Board of Directors – Delta Upsilon Alumni Corporation – 1992 – 2019
- Board of Directors – Norshel Inc. – 1990 to 2001
- Member of Amnesty International
- Board of Directors – Winnipeg Jazz Orchestra – 2019