P: (204) 926-4180 F: (204) 956-0625
Kara Bashutski is an associate with Myers LLP practicing mainly in the areas of labour and employment law. She joined the firm in 2019 after practicing general litigation in Winnipeg and prior to that, at large national firm in Saskatchewan. She was called to the Bar in 2012 in both Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
Kara focuses her practice on labour and employment and assists clients with respect to all aspects of the employment relationship. She regularly provides advice relating to termination of employment, discipline, severance packages, drafting and negotiating employment contracts and employment policies, issues related to The Employment Standards Code, restrictive covenants, human rights issues, workplace heath and safety, and a variety of other labour and employment related areas.
Kara has appeared in all levels of Court in Manitoba, including the Court of Appeal, and she has appeared before all levels of Court in Saskatchewan as well as the Saskatchewan Labour Board. Kara has provided presentations to her clients on various labour and employment law issues, including accommodation, hiring and firing, harassment and occupational health and safety topics.
- Call to the Bar of Manitoba in 2012 and the Bar of Saskatchewan in 2012
- Juris Doctorate in Law, University of Manitoba – 2011
- Masters of Arts, University of Calgary – 2008
- Bachelor of Arts (great distinction), University of Ottawa – 2006
- Robert J.M. Adkins Prize in Municipal Planning Law, University of Manitoba, 2010
- George Thomas Chapman Q.C. Family Prize, Municipal and Planning Law, University of Manitoba, 2010
- SSHRC (Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada) recipient, 2007-2008
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association