P: (204) 926-4180 F: (204) 956-0625
Katie Haig-Anderson is an associate with Myers LLP, practicing mainly in the areas of labour and employment law. She joined the firm as a summer student in 2014, and returned to article in 2015. She was called to the bar in 2016.
In law school, Katie worked for the Manitoba Chapter of Pro Bono Students Canada, an organization that pairs law student volunteers with community organizations in need of free legal services. She volunteered with LEAF (the Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund) Manitoba, and with the University Law Centre, a Legal Aid Manitoba office. Katie also spent a semester on exchange at Yeditepe University in Istanbul and did an internship with the Public Interest Law Centre.
Before entering law school, Katie worked in various roles at the University of Winnipeg Students’ Association, including serving two years as a Vice President of the student union.
Katie has appeared before the Manitoba Labour Board and argued at the Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench and Manitoba Court of Appeal.
- Call to the Bar (Manitoba) – 2016
- Juris Doctor – University of Manitoba – 2015
- Bachelor of Arts – International Development Studies – 2010
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member of the Manitoba Bar Association
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Canadian Association of Labour Lawyers