P: (204) 926-1524 F: (204) 956-0625
Michael Clark practices mainly in the areas of child protection and civil litigation, with a particular emphasis on employment law (wrongful dismissals in non-unionized work environments), personal injury, estate litigation and Indigenous law. He has represented clients in the Court of Queen’s Bench of Manitoba, Manitoba Court of Appeal, Canada Labour Board Adjudications, both the Federal and Provincial Human Rights Commissions, Workers Compensation Appeal Commission Hearings, the Federal Court of Canada and the Federal Court of Appeal.
Michael has worked at Myers LLP since the summer of 1999 when he started as a summer student. He articled with the firm in 2001 – 2002, was called to the Bar in 2002 and is currently a Partner in the civil litigation department.
He volunteers his time as a student advisor for Pro Bono Students Canada and he is a board member of Status 4 which is a charitable non-profit organization that provides accessible music and media programs for youth, providing inspiration and opportunity to help youth experience the gift of music and the arts.
In his spare time, Michael also enjoys spending time with his family, reading, travelling and playing hockey, golf and softball.
- Call to the Bar of Manitoba – 2002
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Manitoba – 2001
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Manitoba – 1996
- Received Archie Micay, Q.C. prize in First Year of Law School
- Dean’s Honour List
- Voted Valedictorian by his graduating classmates in Law School
- Civil Litigation
- Child Protection
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Estate Litigation
- Indigenous Legal Services
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Civil Litigation sub-section of the Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Aboriginal Law sub-section, Canadian Bar Association
Volunteer Community Activities
- Board Member of Status 4
- Student Advisor to Pro Bono Students Canada