Services provided by Sheree Walder Law Corporation
P: (204) 926-1519 F: (204) 956-0625
Sheree Walder is a partner in the firm of Myers LLP. She has been practicing law since 1985. Sheree’s primary area of expertise is family law, including: separation; divorce; child and spousal support issues; family property matters; cohabitation, pre-nuptial, post-nuptial and separation agreements; guardianship of children; and adoption.
She appears at all levels of the Manitoba court system and she also has training in dispute resolution techniques. In addition, Sheree has extensive experience and expertise in the area of Indigenous Child Welfare, having provided representation for two CFS agencies over the course of many years.
Sheree has also spoken on numerous occasions on family law issues to various community groups and on the radio, and has assisted in the preparation of materials for legal education through the Law Society of Manitoba. She has been appointed by the Law Society of Manitoba to investigate and report on complaints involving legal fees and legal competency. She has acted as an adjudicator for litigation and negotiation skills courses at the University of Manitoba Law School.
Sheree was recently appointed by the Government of Manitoba to be a Hearing Panel Member on the Vulnerable Persons’ Hearing Panel, determining Substitute Decision Makers for adults who are unable to make personal care and financial decisions on their own.
The breakdown of a marriage or common-law relationship is an emotionally and financially traumatic experience for families. Sheree strives to create a resolution that is the least traumatic for the parties and children involved, first by attempting to find common ground that will allow the parties to resolve their cases and, if it is not possible to negotiate a settlement, to access what the court system has to offer.
- Call to the Bar of Manitoba – 1985
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Manitoba
- Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Psychology, University of Manitoba
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Hearing Panel Member- Vulnerable Persons’ Hearing Panel
- Member- Manitoba Bar Association
- Member- Canadian Bar Association
- Member- Law Society of Manitoba
- Past Member- Board of Jewish Child and Family Services
- Past Member- Board of Directors of Family Mediation Manitoba
- Past Member- Manitoba Associations for Rights and Liberties
- Volunteer- Law Society of Manitoba
- Volunteer- University of Manitoba Law School