P: (204) 926-1517 F: (204) 956-0625
Trevor Ray is a partner with Myers LLP. His practice is focussed almost exclusively on labour, employment and administrative law. He represents unions and other professional associations and their members before arbitration boards on grievance arbitrations and interest arbitrations. He also acts for clients on various types of proceedings at the Manitoba Labour Board, the Canada Industrial Relations Board and in conciliation and mediation. His practice also involves acting for clients on judicial review proceedings in the Manitoba and Federal courts.
Trevor assists unions with the application and interpretation of collective agreements, workplace rules and policies and with drafting and negotiating. He provides advice respecting human rights legislation, employment standards, workers’ compensation, disability and insurance plans, privacy legislation and workplace health and safety.
Trevor joined the firm in 1998 as an articling student and was an associate in the firm’s labour department since receiving his call to the Bar of Manitoba in 1999. Trevor was also called to the Bar in the State of Minnesota in 1997. He joined the firm as partner in 2011.
He speaks at the firm’s annual labour conference and has presented at other conferences and educational seminars focussed on labour law and human rights.
- Call to the Bar of Manitoba – 1999
- Certified by the National Committee on Accreditation – 1998
- Call to the Bar of Minnesota – 1997
- Juris Doctor, University of North Dakota School of Law – 1997
- Dean’s List – University of North Dakota School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Manitoba – 1992
- Labour Law
- Employment Law
- Administrative Law
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Vice President, Canadian Association of Labour Lawyers (CALL)
- Presenter, Centre for Labour Management – Duty to Accommodate in the Unionized Workplace
- Annual Presenter, Mel Myers Labour Conference
- Presenter, The Law Society of Manitoba, Accommodation in the workplace
- Presenter, Annual Conference, Canadian Association of Labour Lawyers (CALL)