P: (204) 926-1515 F: (204) 956-0625
Greg Bartel is partner with Myers LLP practicing mainly in the areas of labour and employment law. He first joined the firm in 2008 as a co-op student from the University of Victoria, Faculty of Law, and later returned to article in 2009. He was called to the Bar in 2010.
Greg assists clients in both unionized and non-unionized workplaces with respect to all aspects of the employment relationship. He assists clients in matters such as termination of employment (wrongful dismissal and severance package advice), contract disputes (including compensation disputes and restrictive covenants), negotiating employment contracts, human rights issues, and other situations where employees or their bargaining agents require legal assistance. Greg also assists clients with regulatory matters such as professional discipline, as well as legal issues related to illness or injury in the workplace (Workers’ Compensation, disability benefits).
When not in the office Greg enjoys spending time with his family and any activity that brings them outdoors.
- Call to the Bar (Manitoba) – 2010
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Victoria – 2009
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) – Accounting – University of Manitoba – 2005
- Labour Law
- Employment Law
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member of the Manitoba Bar Association
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Canadian Association of Labour Lawyers
- Board Member (Secretary), Artbeat Studio Inc.
- Board Member, Discovery Children’s Centre Inc.