P: (204) 926-1512 F: (204) 956-0625
Joel is a Partner with Myers LLP with a focus primarily on Labour and Employment Law. He joined the firm in 2010 as a summer student and returned to article in 2011 after graduating from the Faculty of Law at the University of Manitoba. He was called to the Bar in 2012.
Joel assists union clients with matters such as grievance arbitration, labour board proceedings, interest arbitration, collective bargaining, and Workers’ Compensation issues. Joel also provides advice to non-unionized clients on a host of issues, including severance package reviews, wrongful dismissals, employment contracts, human rights issues, Workers’ Compensation issues, disability insurance appeals, and more.
Joel is an annual participant in the Manitoba Bar Association/Manitoba Law Student Association Mentorship Program, acting as a mentor for first year law students. Joel has also served on the Board of Directors for several organizations.
Outside the office, Joel enjoys playing basketball, baseball and golf, and time spent with family at the lake.
- Call to the Bar (Manitoba): 2012
- Juris Doctorate in Law (University of Manitoba): 2011
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) – (University of Winnipeg) – 2007
- Labour Law
- Employment Law
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors for the Manitoba Children’s Museum
- Annual Team Captain for Motionball, an annual fundraiser for Special Olympics Canada
- Trustee for Fort Garry United Church