P: (204) 926-4180 F: (204) 956-0625
Katharyn Burczynski is an associate with Myers LLP practicing primarily in the area of Criminal Law.
Katharyn began with the firm as an articling student in 2020 and was called to the bar in 2021. Before Law School, Katharyn graduated from the Asper School of Business, focusing on Marketing and Leadership Studies making the Dean’s List multiple times. After working as a financial analyst, she attended Robson Hall, where she graduated in the top 10 of her class.
In her third year at Robson Hall, Katharyn was a student supervisor at the University of Manitoba Community Law Centre, where she conducted trials at the Provincial Court level.
Upon graduation from Robson Hall, Katharyn received many awards, including the D’Arcy McCaffrey Q.C. Memorial Award for top student in Advanced Advocacy and the D’Arcy McCaffrey Q.C. Memorial Award for her accomplishments in the Davies Corporate Securities Moot, where she placed in the top 10 individual competitors. Katharyn also received the Irvin Goldman Prize in her third year of law school for demonstrating excellence in Criminal Law through Criminal Law and Procedure, Charter Issues in Criminal Law, and Clinical Criminal Law.
In addition to her involvement in Criminal Law, Katharyn is closely involved in the Winnipeg Business Community. She is a previous Young Associates Board of Directors Member, a previous member of the Cancer Care Manitoba Guardian Angel Gala Organizing Committee, a coach for the Jeux De Commerce West Asper School of Business team (Debate and Marketing), and an Organizing Committee member for Jeux De Commerce West, 2021 and 2022.
Katharyn has also been invited to speak at multiple events for organizations including, the University of Manitoba Leadership Organization, the Robson Hall Debate Club, Jeux De Commerce West, Young Associates, and the International Collegiate Business Competition U of M Debate Team.
- Call to the Bar (Manitoba) – 2021
- Juris Doctor, University of Manitoba – 2020
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons), University of Manitoba – 2016
- Irvin Goldman Prize: Criminal Law: – 2020
- The D’Arcy McCaffrey Q.C. Memorial Award: Advanced Advocacy – 2020
- The D’Arcy McCaffrey Q.C. Memorial Award: Moot: 2019
- Top 10 Mooter at the Davis Moot, 2019
- Pitblado Scholar, Dean’s Honour List, Faculty of Law, 2019 – 2020
- Pitblado Scholar, Dean’s Honour List, Faculty of Law, 2017 – 2018
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member of the Manitoba Bar Association
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Past Board Member, Young Associates
- Past Board Member, Winnipeg Condominium Corporation No. 697
- Coach, Jeux De Commerce West Asper School of Business team (Debate and Marketing)
- Organizing Committee member, Jeux De Commerce West, 2021 and 2022
- Black and White Gala, Chair, 2019
- Guardian Angel Gala, Cancer Care Manitoba Organizing Committee Member, 2016, 2017