Services provided by Paul McKenna Law Corporation
P: (204) 926-1514 F: (204) 956-0625
Paul McKenna practices exclusively on behalf of unions and employees in labour relations matters, as well as administrative law. He has been a lawyer since 1989 and is a partner in the firm.
Paul appears before arbitration boards on grievances and interest arbitrations. He also acts for clients regarding various types of proceedings before the Manitoba Labour Board, the Canada Industrial Relations Board, and in Manitoba Courts on judicial review proceedings.
He has been involved in matters of human rights, fighting for the reinstatement of individuals with disabilities in their place of employment.
On a day-to-day basis Paul assists union clients with the application and interpretation of collective agreements, workplace rules, policies and discipline, and with drafting and negotiating. He provides advice concerning human rights legislation, employment standards, workers’ compensation, disability and insurance plans, privacy legislation and workplace health and safety.
Paul practices in both English and French.
- Call to the Bar of Manitoba – 1989
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Moncton – 1988
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Manitoba – 1985
- Labour Relations
- Administrative Law
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Association of Labour Lawyers (CALL)
- Member, Association of French Speaking Lawyers of Manitoba
Volunteer Community Services
- Outgoing President and Board Member – Cercle Moliere Theatre
- Frequent presenter/lecturer to unions and associations
- Minor Basketball Coach