P: (204) 926-4188 F: (204) 956-0625
Sharna graduated from the Faculty of Law at the University of Manitoba in 2017 and was called to the Bar in 2018. Following her call to the Bar, she practiced civil litigation at a mid-size firm in Winnipeg for 5 years before joining Myers LLP as an associate in 2023.
As a civil litigator, Sharna has experience advising and assisting clients with a broad range of legal issues, with a focus on estate litigation, contractual disputes, personal injury, historical sexual assault, collections, employment law and regulatory matters. She understands the challenges presented by civil litigation and is committed to providing detailed, timely and ongoing communication with clients, coupled with cost-effective advice and results.
Sharna received the Margaret Hypatia Crawford Prize for achieving the highest standing in third year law in 2017, the Frederick J. Turner, Q.C./ Keith Turner, Q.C. Prize for highest standing in Conflict of Laws, the Garth Erickson Memorial Prize for highest standing in Commercial Law, the Mel Myers, Q.C. Award for highest standing in Administrative Law and the Oscar Wilder Memorial Prize for highest standing in Environmental Law.
In addition to her legal practice, Sharna actively participates in professional organizations and volunteer opportunities.
- Juris Doctor, University of Manitoba – 2017
- Call to the Bar (Manitoba) – 2018
- Civil Litigation
- The Law Society of Manitoba Margaret Hypatia Crawford Prize, Highest Standing in Third Year – 2017
- Dean’s Honour List – 2016/2017
- Frederick J. Turner, Q.C/ Keith Turner, Q.C. Prize for Conflicts of Laws (for highest standing in Conflicts of Laws) – 2017
- Garth Erickson Memorial Prize in Commercial Law (for highest standing in Commercial Law – 2019
- Paul Norman Warren Memorial Prize (for highest standing in Securities Law) – 2017
- Mel Myers, Q.C. Award (for highest standing in Administrative Law) – 2017 – 2018
- Oscar Wilder Memorial Prize (for highest standing in Environmental Law) – 2017 – 2018
- University of Manitoba, President’s Scholarship – 2017 – 2018
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member of the Manitoba Bar Association
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association, Council Member
- Pro Bono Students Canada, Robson Hall Chapter – 2014-2016
- Member of first responder mental health advisory council – 2023 –