P: (204) 926-1506 F: (204) 956-0625
Doug Johnston is a partner in the firm Myers LLP. He practices primarily in the field of family law.
He has over 29 years of experience in all aspects of domestic cases including: divorce; separation; child custody; spousal support; child support; division of family property; separation agreements; cohabitation agreements; and marriage contracts.
Doug focuses on attempting to resolve matters in an amicable manner – where that is possible, including mediation as a tool, all prior to involving the court system.
He has appeared before the Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench on hundreds of cases, as well as the Manitoba Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada, where he was involved in a watershed case involving the duration of spousal support.
Doug graduated from the University of Manitoba Faculty of Commerce in 1980 before moving into the field of law and graduating from the University of Manitoba Faculty of Law in 1985.
- Call to the Bar of Manitoba – 1986
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Manitoba – 1985
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours, University of Manitoba – 1980
- Family Law
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Subcommittee member, Family Division, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Fee Arbitration Committee of the Law Society of Manitoba
- Member, Canadian Bar Association