The law governing work in a non-unionized environment may involve federal and provincial statutes, as well as common law principles and, is constantly evolving. The members of the Myers LLP Employment Law Group provide advice and representation regarding all facets of the employment relationship and the various legal issues affecting work.
Common areas where members of the Myers LLP Employment Law Group provide advice and representation include:
- Termination of employment including wrongful or unjust dismissal
- Constructive dismissal
- Severance package review and negotiation
- Employment contract review and negotiation
- Independent and dependent contractor arrangements
- Human rights concerns such as discrimination
- Harassment and conflict in the workplace
- Non-solicitation and non-competition obligations
- Professional discipline and regulation
- Workers Compensation Board claims
- Disability claims with private insurers including short and long-term disability plans
- Pension and benefits issues
In addition to providing proactive advice in these areas, members of the Myers LLP Employment Law Group are experienced in litigating disputes, when necessary, in provincial and federal courts and tribunals. We strive to provide practical solutions that meet each of our clients’ particular and unique needs.