P: (204) 926-4181 F: (204) 956-0625
Kristen is an associate with Myers LLP practicing primarily in the area of Labour Law. She joined the firm in 2012 as a summer student and returned to article in 2014 after graduating from the Faculty of Law at the University of Manitoba. She was called to the Bar in 2015.
Kristen is a member of the Council of the Manitoba Bar Association and sits as an Executive member of the Labour & Employment Law Section of the Manitoba Bar Association.
Kristen received the Margaret Hypatia Crawford Prize for achieving the highest standing in third year law in 2014. In her final year of law school she clerked for the Manitoba Court of Appeal. Kristen received the J.S.D. Tory Writing Award, given for outstanding research and writing ability with written work of publishable quality, for her paper on the Rand Formula, a bedrock principle of collective bargaining in Canada.
While attending law school, Kristen participated in the Pro Bono Students Canada program and provided volunteer legal services to the Community Unemployed Help Centre and the Migrant Workers’ Solidarity Network. Kristen has always had a keen interest in labour issues and prior to beginning her legal studies she completed a number of Labour Studies courses.
- Call to the Bar of Manitoba – 2015
- Juris Doctorate in Law, University of Manitoba (Dean’s Honour List) – 2014
- Bachelor of Arts ( Double Honours), University of Manitoba – 2010
- Labour Law
- Employment Law
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Association of Labour Lawyers (CALL)
- Faculty of Law Dean’s Honour List (2011 – 2012, 2012 – 2013, and 2013 – 2014)
- Margaret Hypatia Crawford Prize – Highest standing in Third Year Law (2014)
- Aikins, MacAulay & Thorvaldson Hon. Marshall Rothstein Prize – Highest average based on Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, and Clinical Administrative Law (2014)
- D.A. Thompson, Q.C. Prize – Highest standing in Employment Law (2014)
- Advocis Prize – Highest standing in Insurance Law (2014)
- Frederick J. Turner, Q.C./Keith Turner, Q.C. Prize – Highest standing in Private International Law (2014)
- Archie Micay Q.C. Prize – 3rd Highest Standing in Second Year Law (2013)
- J.S.D. Tory Writing Award – Outstanding research and writing ability with written work of publishable or potentially publishable quality (2013)
- Mel Myers, Q.C. Award – Highest standing in Administrative Law (2013)
- D.A. Thompson, Q.C. Prize – Highest standing in the Law of Contracts 2012)
- Max and Manly Isaacs Prize – Highest standing in Legal Methods (2012)
- Ben E. Shuckett Award – Entrance Award for University of Manitoba Faculty of Law (2011)