P: (204) 926-1527 F: (204) 956-0625
Lisa LaBossiere is a partner at Myers LLP and practices primarily in the areas of Criminal Defence and Child Protection.
Lisa began her career with Myers LLP in 2004, working in the criminal department as a summer student. She articled with the firm in 2006 and was called to the bar in 2007. In her final year of Law School, Lisa received prizes for the student with the highest standing in the Law of Homicide, Employment Law and Remedies. She was also awarded a Law Society Prize for the student with the fourth highest standing in her graduating class.
Since beginning her practice in 2007 Lisa has appeared and advocated for clients in all levels of court in Manitoba and also the Supreme Court of Canada. She has also represented numerous clients on quasi-criminal matters and has appeared in front of various boards.
Lisa has lectured at the Law Society of Manitoba’s Continuing Legal Education program and the University of Manitoba Law School. She has also presented at various conferences including: Manitoba Provincial Court Judges Conference, Manitoba Bar Association Mid-Winter Conference, National Mental Health Conference and Manitoba’s annual Crown and Defence Conference.
- Call to the Bar of Manitoba – 2007
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Manitoba (Dean’s Honour List) – 2006
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Winnipeg – 2002
- Criminal Law
- Child Protection
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Manitoba Bar Association Mid Winter Conference Planning Committee member for many years eventually co-chairing the Committee in 2014 and 2015
- Manitoba Bar Association Life Council Member
- Board Member with the Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Secretary (Executive), Criminal Defence Lawyers Association