P: (204) 926 – 4182F: (204) 956-0625
Matthew Peña is an associate practicing primarily in the area of Civil Litigation. He joined Myers LLP after being called to the Manitoba Bar in June, 2022. Prior to joining the firm as an associate, Matthew articled with Patersons LLP based out of Brandon, Manitoba, where he gained experience in a diverse range of practice areas.
Matthew’s advocacy skills were initially developed in law school through his summers with Canada’s Department of Justice, as well as through competing in the Solomon Greenberg Trial Competition and Robson Hall’s Negotiation Competition. He also represented the University of Manitoba at the Western Family Law Negotiation Competition.
Matthew enjoys keeping active in his spare time through an over-abundance of hobbies. He is also dedicated to serving his community through volunteering.
- Call to the Bar (Manitoba) – 2022
- Juris Doctor, University of Manitoba – 2021
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Manitoba – 2018
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Board member of Volunteer Manitoba
- Civil Litigation
- Indigenous Legal Services