P: (204) 926-1508 F: (204) 956-0625
Joel Dudeck is a senior partner with Myers LLP where he practices law primarily in the areas of small business (start-ups), corporate and commercial transactions (purchase and sale of business), real estate (both residential and commercial), as well as wills and estates. He has practised law in the province of Manitoba since being called to the Bar in 1972.
Joel began his career in labour law, working extensively for both labour and management in the firm of Gallagher and Company, which was founded by Roy Gallagher, Q.C. He later added corporate and commercial and real estate law to his preferred Areas of Practice.
Joel worked along with others on the development of the union certification process, and assisted with the organization of the medical technologists in Manitoba, as well as the certification of the carpenter’s union through a site-by-site campaign.
He was a founding partner of the law firm of Simkin Gallagher.
- Call to the Bar of Manitoba – 1972
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Manitoba – 1971
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Manitoba – 1967
- Small Business
- Corporate and Commercial Transactions
- Real Estate
- Wills and Estates
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Volunteer Community Activities
- Current Presenter for Wills and Estates at numerous pre-retirement seminars
- Past Chairperson and Current Member of the March of the Living Committee of the Jewish Federation of Winnipeg
- President, Jewish Foundation of Manitoba/USA Inc.
- Member of the Advisory Committee, and past member of the Board of Directors of the International Centre of Winnipeg
- Honourary Counsel to several non-profit organizations
- Past member of the board of directors of the Citizenship Council of Manitoba
- Guest advisor, Canada Manitoba Business Centre
- Member and Past President of the Winnipeg Squash Racquet Club
- Member of the Ethics Committee, Seven Oaks General Hospital
- Presenter for Wills at the Mel Myers Labour Conference
- Past lecturer – Corporate and Commercial Transactions – Bar Admission Course
- Past lecturer – Retirement Seminars – Manitoba Teachers’ Society
- Past Chair Labour Law Subsection, Manitoba Bar Association
- Past Chair – Corporate and Commercial Subsection, Manitoba Bar Association