P: (204) 926 – 1504 F: (204) 956-0625
Nikolai Bola is an articling student with Myers LLP practicing primarily in areas of Civil Litigation and Family Law.
Nikolai joined Myers LLP as a summer student in 2021 and anticipates being called to the Bar in 2023. Before Law School, Nikolai spent a considerable amount of time volunteering and participating in many community events and initiatives, such as mentoring and supporting inner city and LGBTTQ* youth, as well as collaborating with various post-secondary administrations to advance diversity and equality, throughout his undergraduate studies.
While in law school, Nikolai was an active member of his community serving as the Director of Equity and Community Outreach for the Health Law Students’ Association, participating in Pro Bono Students Canada, volunteering additional time in assisting professors with advocacy research as well as assisted refugee claimants at Welcome Place.
In his spare time, Nikolai enjoys spending time with family and friends, boxing and playing soccer.
- Juris Doctor, University of Ottawa, Common Law – 2022
- Asper School of Business, University of Manitoba – 2019
- Red River College Business Administration – 2018 (Dean’s List)
- Civil Litigation
- Awards (Optional): Craig S. Haynes Community Award – 2022
- Best Factum Award, Walker Health Law Moot – 2021
- Research Engagement and Excellence Distinction – 2020
- Ahava Halpern and Frank Lavitt Entrance Award – 2019
- School of Business and Applied Arts Scholarship – 2018
- Entrepreneurship Administration Award – 2018
- Canada Life Award – 2017
- Community Involvement and Diversity Leadership Award – 2016
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Past Official Agent for Manitoba Provincial Elections
- Past President of Union Station Constituency Executive
- Past Delegate for the Canadian Alliance of Students’ Associations
- University of Ottawa Health Law Students’ Association Director of Equity and Community Outreach – 2020 – 2022
- Pro Bono Students’ Canada- 2019 – 2021
- CUPE 998 Election and Financial Audit Chair – 2018 – 2019
- Intercultural Mentorship Program – 2016 – 2018
- Rainbow Resource Centre Youth Camp – 2015 – 2018