P: (204) 926 – 1504 F: (204) 956-0625
Nikolai is an Associate with Myers LLP practicing primarily in the areas of Civil Litigation, Employment Law and Indigenous Services. He joined the firm as a summer student in 2021 and returned to article in 2022 after graduating from the Faculty of Law, English Common Law Program at the University of Ottawa.
Before Law School, Nikolai spent a considerable amount of time volunteering and participating in many community initiatives, such as mentoring inner-city and 2SLGBTTQ* youth and collaborating with community organizers and post-secondary administration to advance diversity and equality throughout his undergraduate studies.
While in law school, Nikolai was an active member of his community serving as the Director of Equity and Community Outreach for the Health Law Students’ Association, participating in Pro Bono Students Canada, volunteering additional time in assisting professors with advocacy research as well as refugee claimants at Welcome Place.
In his spare time, Nikolai enjoys spending time with family and friends, boxing and playing soccer.
- Call to the Bar (Manitoba) – 2023
- Juris Doctor, University of Ottawa, Common Law – 2022
- Asper School of Business, University of Manitoba – 2019
- Red River College Business Administration – 2018 (Dean’s List)
- Civil Litigation
- Indigenous Service
- Employment Law
- A. Montague Israels K.C. Prize, Law Society of Manitoba – 2023
- Craig S. Haynes Community Award – 2022
- Best Factum Award, Walker Health Law Moot – 2021
- Research Engagement and Excellence Distinction – 2020
- Ahava Halpern and Frank Lavitt Entrance Award – 2019
- School of Business and Applied Arts Scholarship – 2018
- Entrepreneurship Administration Award – 2018
- Canada Life Award – 2017
- Community Involvement and Diversity Leadership Award – 2016
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Past Official Agent for Manitoba Provincial Elections
- Past President of Union Station Constituency Executive
- Past Delegate for the Canadian Alliance of Students’ Associations
- University of Ottawa Health Law Students’ Association Director of Equity and Community Outreach – 2020 – 2022
- Pro Bono Students’ Canada- 2019 – 2021
- CUPE 998 Election and Financial Audit Chair – 2018 – 2019
- Intercultural Mentorship Program – 2016 – 2018
- Rainbow Resource Centre Youth Camp – 2015 – 2018